Test

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Summer Time Entertaining

Summer is RIGHT around the corner... or rather for the south did it ever really leave?! Anyway with warm weather knocking at the door, I want to be prepared for the spring/summer "gatherings"... not parties... I plan on having this year. My biggest thing is that I am NOT a cook, so I need to do things that don't require much effort, but look and taste GREAT. And searching around the net, I have definitely found some options. 


Ice cubes... I am sure you are thinking it's just ice. But it's ice with fruit or mint frozen into the cubes. Not only do they look great, but once the ice melts they add another element to the drink. Also think about freezing grapes and using those as ice cubes. And the greatest thing about grapes... THEY WON'T WATER DOWN YOUR DRINK... BONUS!! Ok I should definitely not be this excited about ice. 

Summer and fruit seem to go hand in hand. So why not present in style. Make a fruit rainbow.  It doesn't take much time and looks great when presented.

A summer "gathering" would not be complete with some adult beverages ;-)   The bonus is I LOVE strawberries, so this treat is right up my alley. Here is the link of how to make these here.  There is TEQUILA is this little bundle!!

One last thing for the party... a Fruit Pop. I noticed that I wrote alot about fruit. Next one I do on summertime entertaining... I will actually do some real food. But for this last one 'really simple just put fruit in some water, stick a handle in and freeze. But that water thing... once again its summer... I would put mine in pineapple or orange juice and a splash of tequila.  Did I mention that I love tequila? This is a really simple, basic item to make and really helps cool the body down. 



Happy Planning... ENJOY




   






No comments:

Post a Comment