Test

Friday, October 28, 2011

Cream Cheese Filled Strawberries


Ok let me start by saying that I am by NO means a chef. Everyone expects that since I was raised in the South, I should know how to "throw down" in the kitchen! WRONG! I can do enough to survive. I challenged myself this year to cook at least 3 times a week.  I was actually doing really well for about 3 months and then I just fell off hard. So I am on my quest again to become a better cook and prove some people wrong! 


Well I found a recipe online for Cream Cheese Filled Strawberries and LOVED it! You cut the tops and bottoms off of the strawberries and pipe in the filling. So not only is it really good, but presents very pretty too! And last but not least, it was SIMPLE!

Ingredients:
8 ounce package cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (my favorite is Mexican Vanilla)

Using a mixer on medium speed, combine all of your ingredients together until fluffy.

Set aside.

Cut the tips off of the strawberries.

Cut the tops off of the strawberries.

Place the strawberries on their bottoms.

Take a small melon baller to scoop out the tops.

Fill a pastry bag with the cream cheese mixture.

Take a star tip and pipe filling into berries until the cream cheese mixture brims over the tops.

Voila!  Simple and delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment