Test

Sunday, April 8, 2012

How To Die Clear Glasses

Saw this idea on PINTEREST and knew that I would probably be doing this for the glasses I use in my bathroom, which is currently undergoing renovations!! Go take a look at the blog Craft Berry Bush and this was where I got the idea from.


Now let the FUN begin!


The jars I am using I got from Old Time Pottery in Surfside Beach, SC. If you have an Old Time Pottery go check out the store as they have a TON of items at GREAT times. My jars ranged from $1.49-$3.99.


You will need:
~ Clear Jar
~ Mode Podge or White Elmers' GLue
~ Paint Brush
~ Food Coloring
~ And last but not least PATIENCE



Now let's begin... Mix 1 tsp of glue, 3 drops of food coloring and 1.5 tsp of water.  You might want to try different ratios and see what you prefer though. Obviously the more food colouring the darker the jar will be. In order to make a turquoise shade you will need two drops of blue and 1 drop of green.



In a small bowl, place the glue, food colouring and water. And mix together with a brush.


This amount is sufficient to cover three jars if you are using the brushing method. 

Turn your jar upside down and using even strokes, brush onto the jar from bottom to top, being careful not to go over it too much or the glue will start to clump together. The streaks you see when the mixture is wet will ALMOST be invisible if done correctly. And this is where the patience comes in.

Be sure to seal the jar with a sealant, so that if you do use the jar as a vase all of your hard work will not come off!!

And now you have beautiful jars to display around your home. Me I am going to use mine in the bathroom!! I have ordered a TON of items of off Etsy... bath bombs, body scrubs, bath balls that fizz, bath salts. Yes I am getting a little over the top with having girly things in the bathroom and can't wait to see the products in the jars. 

Be sure to share your pictures with me, so that I can show them on my blog! I would LOVE to see how they come out.














No comments:

Post a Comment