Test

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bathroom Renovation - Part 2

My bathroom... where do I start!! I have learned the BIGGEST lesson about hiring contractors in the past few days.... DO YOUR RESEARCH!! The contractor (K-Tell Contracting... owner's name is Donnell) that I began with I ended having to let go, as he was trying to nickel and dime me because I am a young female. And on top of that he was completing work that I did not approve of and then was charging me for it!! Let me say there were a number of things that went wrong with this contractor and it was just a poor experience. I know for a fact that I will NEVER hire this contractor again. But on to brighter news...


That same day I let go of that contractor, I started looking to interview new contractors, as I was in(am still am) in desperate need of a bathroom with a shower. Having to call friends on a daily basis to get a shower is NO FUN!! Now I had to think... how do I find a trustworthy contractor that can get the job done in a timely fashion and for a decent price.  I got smart and decided to use the resources that were available to me the internet and family. A great place to look for contractors is website called Angie's List. It does cost to access this site, but well worth the 8.25!! $3.25 a month and a one time fee of $5 to sign up. I was able to find multiple contractors on this site, reviewed pictures of their work as well, and was able to read reviews from others who have used their services.  I ended up picking a new contractor that same day, but they could not start until Monday... it was Wednesday and I was going home on Friday, so waiting a few days would not make a big difference.


Well when the new contractor (Mr. Sims) saw the work the past contractor had done he just shook his head and said we will get you straight. We ended up tearing down some of the previous contractors work!! But it's all good. At least I know the bathroom will be right. At the moment I am still a ways from having a complete bathroom. I have NO bathroom floor... it got ripped down to the joists!! 


My biggest gripe in this whole things is the amount of dust and dirt that is EVERYWHERE. I just look around and just shake my head. I want to start cleaning, but what's the point it will all just get dirty again. So I take alot of deep breaths and try not to look around me because if I do I will have an anxiety attack... lol!! My bathroom should be done by the end of the week and I am bringing in a cleaning company as soon as this renovation is done... I can't even tackle the level of dust and dirt that is going on in this house right now. 


Hopefully everyone had a great weekend and a FAB Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment